But for us beauty lovers it's also a chance to get some nice pampering done…using the leftovers of your Jack-O'-Lantern.
Pumpkins are rich in alpha-hydroxy acids, a great exfoliator; loaded with antioxidants, beta-carotene, vitamins A and C; packed with anti-inflammatory benefits and even boast of natural UV protectors – making it the ideal skin care ingedient!
Here is a compilation I made from Pumpkin Beauty Recipes I made!
Pumpkin Face Mask
- 1 c. pumpkin (pureed or canned)
- 3 tbs. plain yogurt
- 2 tbs. honey
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- (optional): a dash of cinnamon, to wake up skin and create a glow. Don’t use if the cinnamon irritates your skin.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Wash your face (it is better to apply this mask to clean, moist skin).
- Apply evenly.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse!
Pumpkin Hair Mask
- 2 cups pumpkin (chopped and cooked)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- In a food processor or blender, puree the pumpkin and yogurt.
- Next, add the coconut oil and honey, blending until the mixture is totally smooth.
- Apply the mixture to damp hair. Cover hair with a plastic cap, and let it sit for fifteen minutes.
- Wash out thoroughly using your everyday shampoo and conditioner, and style as usual.
Organic Face Mask
- 2 teaspoons (thawed) pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon FRESH lemon juice
- Mix all above ingredients.
- Apply to face and neck. If you have any leftover you can apply it to my upper chest and tops of your hands. Essentially on skin that gets a lot of sun.
- Let set about 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Apply moisturizer. Original Poster used FRESH Aloe Vera gel from her plant.
Pumpkin Pie Lip Scrub
by msquinnface.comIngredients: Instructions:
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- To use it, spread a small amount over your lips and let it sit for about 3 minutes. In that time it dries down a bit and gets more tacky.
- Then you can either rub it in with your finger to get scrub with the sugar granules, or just rub your lips together!